I want to sum all cells in column A that have one of several tags in an adjacent cell in column B.
- Some of the rows in column A are not tagged
- There are currently 3 tags that are valid in column B (I, S, R), but this could increase (or reduce) in the future, say to I, S, R, E
- The possible tags are contained in a named range, but don't have to be
- It's not possible to restructure the data because the columns are in a scratch sheet, where a variety of calculations are created on the fly in the column. I've attached an example, which might make it clear
- There are several (up to 10) sheets like this in the workbook with lots of different calculations that are then summarised in to some analysis.
- The overall objective of the workbook is to be able to;
a) include/ exclude individual calcs for any one column
I am looking for a formula that either accepts the number in a cell if the numbers on two other cells are "approved". In other words, I have on cell A1 my value to be tested. On cells A2 and A3 I have two numbers. On cell A4 I'm looking for a formula that copies the number on A1 if A2 is bigger then 0.25 and A3 is smaller then 0.35. In not, there's no copy or a N/A appears.
I have a list of items (TR Sets) from 1 to 96 in the range B4:B99, with values corresponding to each one (Acid Number) in the range C4:C99. I would like to make a separate list that names each TR Set (using numbers 1-96) that has an Acid Number > 0.1 . Is there a formula to do this?
BP Formula.xlsxI'm not sure what formula to use or if Excel can do this. I want to use it to determine number of blood pressures in a certain range. So if I use column A for SBP (systolic BP) and column B for DBP (diastolic BP). I want a formula to tell me if column A is between 140-159 or column B is between 90-99. I can get that part, but what I'm having trouble with is it counting each row twice if both column A and B meet the criteria, whereas I want every row (person) to only be counted once if either column A OR column B meet the criteria. (See attachment)
I have a spreadsheet which contains data for crime incidents occurring in a month. I have created a worksheet which uses "IF" statements to pull in data that occurred within the last 24 hours only. I would like to create a report that can be printed which has a crime category and lists all the incidents for that category below that occurred during the day. The issue I am having is that all "IF" and "LOOKUP" statements are line for line and I want to be able to skip blanks or where it is not the category in the title.
Column b in sample is conditionally formatted based on it's values. I want to also apply that same formatting to the person's name in the chart in D2:I9. For example, Jeff is in bottom 50% so cell B2 is shaded red with red text. I would like to apply that same red shade and red text to all the cells in my chart that say Jeff. Also, as example, all of the cells in my chart that say Kelsey would be formatted with green shade/green text and so on...
The following code works perfect but the "change" event is only triggered when working directly on intersect range. Tried using the "calculation" event but could not figure it out. This is what I want:
1) To replace the code provided below using the calculation event 2) To only trigger the event for the row(s) where the new value was generated, not for the whole "For Each" statement 3) To use one single code for all worksheets, instead of copying the code in every working worksheet on the workbook, if feasible 4) And I would like a "second alternative", where the user of the workbook can click on a button and trigger the event on every row on the workbook that has a non empty cell within the intersect range, assuming that the intersect range column is the same for all worksheets
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim c As Range, d As Range, fc As Long, bc As Long, bf As Boolean Set d = Intersect(Range("I:I"), Target) If d Is Nothing Then Exit Sub For Each c In d Select Case UCase(c) Case "C" fc = 1: fb = True: bc = 4 Case "O" fc = 2: fb = True: bc = 3 Case "D" fc = 2: fb = True: bc = 46 Case "G" fc = 2: fb = True: bc = 5..................
I would like to perform a search on only the worksheets listed in a worksheet titled table of contents. I would like to use multiple criteria for this search and send only the unique results to a worksheet titled results. Each worksheet listed in the table of contents has a cell address for each heading that I would like to extract data from the same column. The attached workbook example shows the data that I would like to collect when I search for cells that begin with "AB" and cells that begin with "CD". I collected this data by copy and pasting all the data from each worksheet into the results page and then applying filters and advanced filter to remove duplicates. This method does not work well for the original workbook as the data is quite extensive.
I have a worksheet 200+ rows with 7 columns (euro lottery numbers) I had great help last night to highlight any matching numbers. I'm getting lazy now, can anyone help with a formula to highlight a cell in an adjacent column when 2 or more numbers in the corresponding cells match the winning numbers, I know all I have to do is look down the columns and check but if a simple formula could be inserted it would save me perhaps missing something.
I have a formula that looks at a cell on a front sheet, and then returns the contents of that cell as the result if it meets the criteria. So for example this formula would be in Cell A1 on Sheet2 IF(SHEET1!A1,"New",Sheet1!A1,"-")
This formula is always in the same cell (different sheet) as the cell that it is looking at, down 1500 rows. Instead of having the formula named for each cell is there anyway to ask excel to 'look at this cell but on this other sheet'. e.g IF(Sheet1!"This Cell" etc). That way no matter what cell you put the formula in it is always referencing the correct cell for the formula?
I would like to use formulas to display different results eg UNDERBUDGET - OK - OVERLIMIT etc. Ideally they would be shown using different colours & text size. I can't seem to change the colour/text size inside the formula for the different words - only for the whole cell.
How to formulate results of students in excel sheet.
From the attached picture (capture1.jpg) of the excel sheet - The rules of exams are:
1. if candidate scores 50% in all 4 papers, PASS and proceed to next year 2. if candidate scores 50% in 2 or 3 papers + borderline fail in 1 or 2 papers, VIVA VOCE exam for the borderline failed paper (Definition of borderline fail is candidate scoring 45 to 50 marks) 3. if candidate scores 50% in upto 2 papers + borderline fail in more than 2 papers, RE-EXAM 4. if candidate scores 45% in 2 or more papers, FAIL and repeat the year
The rules are in the attached picture flowchart.jpg
I am unsuccessful in writing a formula for such multiple criteria...
I have a spreadsheet that is set out to look similar to a MS Project plan, with dates across the top, users in column A and Assignments in column B. In the corresponding cell that matches the user, date and assignment they will enter the number of hours they anticipate working on the assignment.
I then have a summary sheet that covers all assignments, week ending dates and users. I want to be able to calculate the hours and copy it into the cell in the summary sheet that matches the Day, User and Assignment. I have tried using SUMIF, but this requires the criteria cells to all be in columns, but with this sheet the dates are in a row.